This blog covers my Smoky Mountain hikes; it also includes a link to pictures from one of my cross country ski ventures.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Forney Creek 9.9, Whiteoak Branch 1.8, Lakeshore 1.9

I hiked with Mike Miller, Gary Neibert, Judy Collins, Shirley, Phyllis, Barbara Slover, Lowell Reid,and a few others. We started at Clingmans Dome(would you believe 6 women and 5 men--one of the women had run over 100 marathons) on the Forney Creek trail; we ended near Bryson City, NC, after going through a tunnel.

What was unique about it is that we carried shoes for wading (I just used old running shoes--the others had special wading ones). One woman was following me across one of the streams for she said that she thought I was a safe one to follow. I was giving advice thinking she was right behind me; when I about reached the other side I saw she was not following me. She said that when the water touched my shorts (she's 5' 2") she decided to follow someone else--guess I better think more prior to leading in the future.

On the East side of Bryson City a bus from Cherokee Indian Reservation picked us up and took us back to Clingmans Dome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home