This blog covers my Smoky Mountain hikes; it also includes a link to pictures from one of my cross country ski ventures.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

6/29/05 Hike (7.5 miles)



Today I went with the larger Wed. group that goes on shorter hikes; I found this to be a mistake. We started at the Greenbrier Ranger Station. It was a bummer in that the first part of the trail is not a bona fide trail (i.e., it does not count towards the 900 miles). The latter took us to Grapeyard Ridge Trail, and then along a road back to the Ranger Station. I am not using this hike for its contribution to the 900 is negligible.

Two things were unique about this hike. A young buck crossed our trail 2-3 times; he sort of wondered what the heck we were doing there. The group that I was in wanted to take an early lunch; when two fellows came along at what was a faster pace I picked up my lunch and joined them. They were Dale Teague and Bill Lawhorn from St. John’s Lutheran Church; I had never met them previously but what are the odds that three Lutherans from a group of 20-30 get together?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home