This blog covers my Smoky Mountain hikes; it also includes a link to pictures from one of my cross country ski ventures.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Abrams Falls Trail (to Hannah Mtn, 4.2 + 4.2 mi)



On the 1/25 hike Debbie Way invited me to go with her and a few women to Abrams Falls on Friday; having not been there, I said that I would go. After looking at the map at home, I decided that I wanted to go the additional 1.7 miles past the falls and end at Hannah Mountain Trail (8.4 roundtrip).

We (Debbie Way, Betty Jones, Martha Sundquist, Martha ? and I) began the hike ~9:40. We arrived at Abrams Falls ~11:00. At this point Betty Jones advised me that she would like to go with me to the end of the trail; this was fine with me for on the 2.5 miles to the falls she impressed me as being quite capable. We took a few pictures and then Betty and I took off; we arrived at Hannah Mountain Trail ~noon and ate lunch. We then took off; after we reached Abrams Falls, we met many hikers going to the falls (it's a popular short hike).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home