This blog covers my Smoky Mountain hikes; it also includes a link to pictures from one of my cross country ski ventures.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Middle Prong (2.3--old), Panther Creek (2.3), Miry Ridge ((2.5), Lynn Camp Prong (3.7), & Middle Prong (1.8 new & 2.3 old)



Lowell Reid and I got started on this loop ~9:00 a.m.; we did it clockwise. The Panther Creek crossing (an expected water shoe use crossing) was relatively easy to rock hop. However, the trail was a little indistinct and we lost a few minutes determining where it actually was. Miry Ridge got a little tiring with both rain and the climb; the pics show a rhododendrum tunnel and our first sighting of blossoms. Lynn Camp Prong was really nothing to write home about; however, it presented a left turn which the map did not show. After this I took off so that I could ice my knee and Lowell would not have to wait for me. It was not until this point (~where we started the loop with Panther Creek) that we saw anyone else and these were not really hikers; one woman in a family was upset that I could tell them where the Lynn Camp Prong Falls was; I do not remember that from my days working at Sugarlands Visitor Center. I got back to my car at 3:10. (Pics will be added)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home