This blog covers my Smoky Mountain hikes; it also includes a link to pictures from one of my cross country ski ventures.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Low Gap 2.5, AT 4.7, Snake Den Ridge 5.3



Met Joel at the Cosby entrance to the GSMNP at 7:45 (I left at 6:05, got a sandwich & gas); I was 20 min. early and he arrived before I did. We drove into the Cosby Campground and began our hike ~8:00.

Low Gap was not that unique; on the AT we met a number of hikers. Most had spent the night at Tricorner Knob; they said that it snowed during the night. I shot a number of pictures trying to capture "snow" on May 12. Snake Den Ridge was obviously mostly down hill; I lengthened my sticks in an endeavor to take compressive force off of my knees. We arrived at our cars a little before 3:00; Joe took off and I iced my knee for 15 min.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home