This blog covers my Smoky Mountain hikes; it also includes a link to pictures from one of my cross country ski ventures.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Chimney Tops (1.1 new; repeat 0.9 Road Prong, 4 mi.)


Because rain is forecast for Wed., I decided to do a short Tues. hike solo. I ended up doing the Chimneys; I had previously done Road Prong with BJ and Bob; thus this hike added only 1.1 mi. to my quest.

Passed a few people on Road Prong and then a couple on Chimney Tops Trail; we were confused at a junction because on the trail itself said something to the effect of stop, do not take this trail and a similar one had the same thing. I thought that I saw a washed-out trail and proceeded on it; that was a mistake but I still reached trail (on the way down I did it the correct way).

Eventually arrived at the Chimneys; the picture depicts 4 young people eating lunch. There were also two more in their group who were scaling the rock itself. On the way back I met a host of hikers, including a few who had taken the same wrong path that I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home