This blog covers my Smoky Mountain hikes; it also includes a link to pictures from one of my cross country ski ventures.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

BP D-2, Bone Valley 1.8n, 1.8pd, Hazel Creek 1.3, 1.3, & 5.3pd



















The Bone Valley trailhead is adjacent to Campsite 83 so we left our backpacks there. The four of us stayed pretty close together on this hike (Fran, Marti, & Kirby in pic); when we reached the first stream we put on our water shoes and kept them on for the remaining four (one was rock-“hoppable”). The Hall Cabin (see pic) is at the trail end and is on the National Register of Historic Places; the Park Service moved it ~200 ft. to its present location adjacent to the foundation of the Kress Lodge; the chimney in the next pic (Kirby & Fran) is in the middle of the house (it really must have been something). We also went to the Hall cemetery; it is very well kept.

When we got back to Bone Valley Trailhead I went with Marti and did the 1.3 mi. section of Hazel Creek (in & out) that she needed. We then packed and ate lunch and Marti and I took off, for she had to meet her boat at Campsite 86 at 3:30. I went ahead to ensure that the boat would wait for her and I arrived before it did. I was in such a hurry that I did not even think about parking my pack at 86 when I went by it. I “iced” my knee in the water there. Marti arrived shortly and although she originally thought that there would be one more with her, do not believe that she was given any static about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home