This blog covers my Smoky Mountain hikes; it also includes a link to pictures from one of my cross country ski ventures.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Little Greenbrier Trail (4.3 mi. in & 4.3 mi. out)



After I had committed to do an extra hike on Friday, I belatedly sent out word on Thursday that I was going to do Little Greenbrier Trail. Hereafter I must get the word out sooner; although I had four respondents, only Jim Harb could do it. I had hiked with Jim a number of times; he is strong hiker and moreover is savvy on many of the nuances related to hiking equipment. Although I was going to go alone if I had not takers, as I found out this was not the best trail to go solo.

We arrived at Little Greenbrier trail head in Wear's Cove shortly after 10:00; we reached Laurel Falls Trail (our terminus and lunch spot) at 12:30. On the way up we met two single hikers and a group of four women; the latter were an interesting lot. They had evidently not seen crampons like mine that were hanging from my backpack(Stabilicers from LL Bean); at least one recorded info on them. Because much of the trail was snowy and part was quite narrow, I put them on after lunch to get a little more experience with them on our downward trek.

We reached my car in less than two hours; I then used my Ice-Up a second time this week. I am very pleased with results; I have not experienced knee symptoms on either day following this week's two hikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home