This blog covers my Smoky Mountain hikes; it also includes a link to pictures from one of my cross country ski ventures.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Rich Mtn--2.3, Indian Graves Gap--0.8 old, 1.1 new



Because of threatening weather, last evening I rescheduled Friday's hike to Monday. It was probably a good idea because it was raining heavily at our planned 8:oo mtng time. By noon it looked OK; I decided to do Indian Gap starting at the park's boundary at Rich Mtn Rd. (Bob Hutchins mentioned this as a possibility when I helped him with trail work on his section of the AT on 4/13.)

I started Rich Mtn trail at 14:15 and finished the 2.3 mi. in 55 min.; it was mostly uphill and I motored (I had promised Meredith that I'd go with her to a house showing at 17:30 since the info she had on the buyer raised questions). Next was a repeat of 0.8 mi. of Indian Graves Gap trail (13 min.) that I had done previously; then a 1.1 mi. new section of Indian Gap (21 min.). Then I reached Rich Mtn Rd. and really tried to motor (3 mi.+ in 63 min.). I had wanted to reach my vehicle at 16:45; it was 16:47. (Trails were not scenic enough to make stops so I primarly took pictures of trails signs.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home