This blog covers my Smoky Mountain hikes; it also includes a link to pictures from one of my cross country ski ventures.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ramsey Cascades (4 in & 4 out)


Met at Food Lion at 8:00. I rode with Paula, TJ, & Betty; we arrived at Greenbrier shortly before 9:30 and trail head ~9:45; the day was beautiful. At the trail head I waited for Bob to arrive; although he and I were last to depart, we were the first to arrive at Ramsey Cascades. It is a more arduous trail in the last mile; however, the cascades are perhaps the neatest of all the falls in the GSMNP. Most of us ate lunch on one gigantic boulder just below the falls; there it was cool and still many traces of snow. (A few remarked about my last e-mail wherein I said that I might be hiking MWF beginning in April; I believe I will get a few takers.)

Some from our group arrived while we were eating lunch; on our downward trek we met a few who had not yet made it plus a fe others. BJ, Bob and I were the first back; the others drifted in groups of 2-3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home