This blog covers my Smoky Mountain hikes; it also includes a link to pictures from one of my cross country ski ventures.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Crooked Arm Ridge 2.2+, New: Scott Mtn 3.6, Chestnut Top 4.3



When I arrived at Food Lion at 7:50, Anne & BJ, Janetta, and TJ were there. When we arrive at the Y in Townsend, everyone got in my vehicle and I proceeded to the trail head that led to Crooked Arm Ridge trail in Cades Cove ~8:45. The first part of the trail was tougher and one moved a little slower. Scott Mtn was fairly easy and most on the park boundary; I arrived at the picnic table (50 ft from a private house) ~12:15 and started icing. We then went ~0.3 miles and hit the trail head for Chestnut Top; it was fairly easy too for most of it was level or down. Janetta and I led the way; by so doing she was able to drive me to the Cove to pick up my car and then she could return to pick up the others at the Y. Pictures taken include Bote and possibly Thunderhead Mountains; one flower pic is also included.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home