This blog covers my Smoky Mountain hikes; it also includes a link to pictures from one of my cross country ski ventures.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Post 900 Hike #2: Wolf Ridge 6.8pd, Gregory Bald 1.2pd, Hungry Ridge 4.6pd, Twentymile 2.6pd, Wolf Ridge 0.5pd


I picked up Jim Harb at 7:30; we arrived at the Parkway ~7:50; Dennis McAdams was already there. We proceeded in Dennis’s car to the Twentymile Ranger Station and began our trek at ~9:00. We proceeded on Wolf Ridge Trail in a Northerly direction (0.5, 1.1, & 5.2 mi). We ate lunch at Parson Bald, just shy of the Gregory Bald Trail at 11:40; Dennis took the picture of Cades Cove from this point.

Shortly after lunch we met a single woman on the trail; she was not carrying a backpack. However, we then reached Campsite 13 and there were five tents; she obviously was with this group. At 3:25 we reached Twentymile Ranger Station. My pedometer registered only 15.0 for this 15.7 mile hike; it would appear that I over strode and perhaps should reset my pedometer to 2’ 7” stride rather than its present setting of 2’ 6”. We reached my car at ~4:30; I dropped Jim off and was home ~5:10.

This was a very good day for Jim; he had more than 10 new miles. I think that Dennis had a good day too; however, I believe the 1.2 miles on Gregory Bald were a repeat for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home