This blog covers my Smoky Mountain hikes; it also includes a link to pictures from one of my cross country ski ventures.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Baskins Creek 2.7n & 2.7pd

Today our Christmas luncheon preceded our hike. Monday eve Amy Howe was so nice to call and state that she (1) thought that I needed Baskins Creek and (2) would hike it with me if I wanted to do it after our Christmas luncheon. She then put out an announcement that she and I would be making this hike in case anyone else wanted to join us; that was great since I was doing a Deep Creek hike Tuesday and would not have the time to organize Baskins Creek.

At the luncheon I learned that Liz Etnier, Anne Phillips, BJ Perlac, Kathy Russell, and Nancy Olsen would also join us. This is a short and relatively easy hike (2.7 in and 2.7 out) and is very close to Bill Broome’s house. We left our cars at the last parking lot on Cherokee Orchard Rd and walked to the Baskins Creek trailhead; latter is close to the start of the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail. The latter road is one of those in the park that closes on Dec. 1st; if this road were open, one could start at either end of the trail and just hike 2.7 miles if someone were to pick them up.

It was a lovely day; unfortunately I did not take my camera along so I have no pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home